Navigating the world of iGambling can be daunting. If you’re not too careful, you may end up playing at a fraudulent or fly-by-night betting site that’s only out to dupe you out of your hard-earned money or you can choose your casino from a reputable casino aggregator site (good resource here: casinoreviews.net).
The choice is almost endless when it comes to online casinos, as everyone wants a slice of the lucrative $60+ billion-a-year online gambling market. It can be a little intimidating, if not overwhelming for any player, especially for newbies.
Here are 7 must-know tips to soothe your worries when picking a good casino to play at this December.
1) Games Do Matter
You must choose an online casino whose game selection is nothing short of superb. For a truly impressive game offering, keep an eye out for a good blend of video poker, online slots, live dealer games, and table games like baccarat, roulette, blackjack, and craps. Make sure that they throw in a few keno, bingo, and scratch card games into the mix.
Talking of games, see to it that the site has a wide range of variants, especially when it comes to table games and video poker. Progressive jackpots are essential for serious slot players; too, so great titles like the Age of Gods, Mega Fortune, and Mega Moolah shouldn’t miss from their catalogs.
Each game on offer should have a free-play mode, so you can get a feel for each title before putting your money on the line.
2) You Can Tell a Lot About a Casino from Its Game Software
Online casinos are distinguished by the software providers they partner with. The best sites usually source their games from trustworthy and reputable developers like Microgaming, Playtech, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, IGT, and NextGen Gaming.
Top-tier software developers are well-known for offering fun animations, high-quality sound effects, and seamless graphics amongst other remarkable features. Even so, don’t scoff at mid-tier and low-tier software providers like 1X2Gaming, Genii Casinos, Tom Horn Gaming, Yggdrasil Gaming, Elk Studios, and Push Gaming. They help create a nice mix of unique and exciting games.
3) Check Bonuses and Promos Offered
Every player deserves to receive a bonus offer to bolster their bankroll and improve their gaming experience. Many online casinos offer bonuses and run ongoing promotions, but you must be keen to ensure that they are actually as beneficial as they are advertised.
A good casino checks all of the boxes below:
- Large welcome bonus: A great casino offers a substantial welcome bonus package when you sign up. Whether it’s a no-deposit bonus, cashback, free spins, or deposit-match offer, a nice casino bonus can be a great welcome.
- Fair terms & conditions: For a casino bonus to truly benefit you, it must come with simple and fair terms particularly wagering requirements, withdrawal limits, and other conditions. Be sure to read the fine print.
- Lucrative rewards: A well-structured loyalty reward program offers additional benefits for your gameplay.
The bonuses shouldn’t be restricted to new customers. Watch out for ongoing bonuses, gifts, and other freebies geared towards existing players.
4) Make Sure It’s Trustworthy and Secure
Assessing the casino’s trustworthiness, reputation, and security should actually be the first thing you do. Your personal information and money must be always in safe hands.
To make sure a betting site is operating a legitimate, fair, and secure service, ensure they have the following features:
- Top-notch encryption: As far as security goes, it’s important that you check the casino websites for valid SSL encryption. This is usually a sign that a casino is safe and secure to play.
- Independently audited and regulated: A good casino must show that it’s regulated and frequently audited for fairness, safety, and security by a trustworthy third-party testing organization like GLI, eCOGRA, TSI, or iTech Labs.
- Licensed: The casino must hold a valid license from a reputable authority, such as Kahnawake Gaming Commission, New Jersey Division of Gambling Enforcement, UK Gambling Commission, or Malta Gaming Authority.
5) Fast and Safe Banking
You’ll want to transfer your funds to and from the casino ASAP, securely, and without any hitch. That’s why it is important to sign up with a casino this December that prioritizes the security of your funds and offers fast payouts.
It should be easy to not only sign up for an account but also make a deposit using your banking method of choice, be that credit/debit cards, e-wallets like PayPal, cash at the casino cage, or bank transfers. Speedy processing is another important factor that you should keep in mind.
6) Superior Customer Support
It doesn’t where you play, you may run into some challenges and you’ll need help from the casino’s customer support. Because of this, it pays to play at a site that keeps customers’ best interests at heart. How can you tell?
The casino’s customer support should be available around the clock via a variety of channels, including traditional means like live chat, telephone, and email. Chatbot support, rich FAQ pages, and social media support are also a big plus. Player complaints, suggestions, and issues should be addressed promptly.
Customer support doesn’t end with customer service. A reputable site should place a high priority on your safety and well-being online, monitoring your betting habits for signs of gambling addiction. They should also offer self-exclusion tools and other services to help reverse or potentially prevent problem gambling.
7) Seamless Mobile Gaming Experience
You probably want to play casino games on your tablet, iPad, or mobile, either in addition to or in place of desktop gaming. The casino must adapt to both mobile and desktop gaming.
Test all casino instant-play websites you’re interested in on a range of mobile devices and browsers. Look to see that the website and games load fast and run smoothly. Are there downloadable mobile apps from the casino? Do they offer additional promos and bonuses exclusive to mobile players?